Friday 18 May 2018

Friday's Fave Five - 18/05/18

 
Friday is time to look back on the week and find five things to be grateful for. Drop in to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for full details and other participants.

Here are mine:

1) Sunny weather. On Monday it was even quite hot and although it's been cooler for the rest of the week it's still been sunny which just puts me in a better mood.

2) New fencing in the garden. The fence at the bottom of the garden was getting a bit delapidated. We're not even sure if it's our fence or the neighbours but we decided to replace the panels that cross our garden. It also enabled our gardener to get behind our shed and remove a lot of weeds/ivy that were growing back there. Looks much better.

3) Two days with Nathan. Always sure to brighten my week even if it is exhausting. Thanks for all the compliments last week about the photo. He really does have long eyelashes - that's from hubby's side of the family and fortunately our kids all seem to have his genes!

4) Reading time. The journey to Nathan is an hour each way, including a bus and train ride. I always get a seat on the bus and usually get a seat on the train for at least half the journey. It gives me time to read. Of course I try and read at other times but that journey time is definitely devoted to reading.

5) Being focussed. I've had quite a good week for doing things around the house and mentally adjusting to having the house to ourselves again. I feel like I've wasted less time this week. I hate weeks where the days have slipped past and I don't feel I've achieved much.

Going to have a busy weekend. But it's going to be fun! Watch this space.

Hope you all have a good weekend too.

Note to self - use your camera!
 
I do usually take a few of Nathan each visit - I have to send them to his Mummies who of course both miss him when they're at work!
 


9 comments:

  1. Oh, he's a sweetie!

    :)

    I get to keep my neice's son some days. He is about this age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to be able to read on public transportation. I like to read on the bus but reading on the train makes me feel sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is ADORABLE and getting so big and strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We always love the photos of Nathan! It's fun to watch him grow.
    Reading anywhere but especially on public transport is a fave, for sure. It's boring to just sit (especially if it's in the tube and all you see are black walls).
    Hurray for productive weeks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An active week for you. Looking after Nathan must tequire so much energy but oh the joy. You are right about the blue skies having a motivating effect. I have managed to tick a few things of the list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good week!! Are you the blogger who lives in England?? I'm going to wAtch the royal wedding tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nathan is so cute. I know what you mean about loving time with the grandkids but getting exhausted. That's wonderful to have reading time while traveling. Glad you were able to get new fencing in the garden area and the weeds and ivy were cleared out. I know what you mean about feeling better when we've accomplished something during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That reading time on the train would be what I would be doing on long train rides. Yay for new fencing. Hubby is busy replacing fence boards around here too. It's a big job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunshine does wonders for my mood too! I'm a bit envious that you get to take train rides regularly. I have never been on a train, but I want to travel by train about as much as I want to breathe. (Obviously, that is from watching too many 1940's movies.)

    That little guy is adorable!! It's great that he lives close enough that you can see him regularly.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.