Friday 11 May 2018

Friday's Fave Five - 11/5/18

Friday is time to look back on the week and find five things to be grateful for.  Drop in to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for full details and other participants.
Here are mine:

1)  A successful shopping trip to IKEA with my son and DIL.  They needed some things for their new flat including a chest of drawers.  I was happy to take them last Saturday (they don't have a car) and we got most of the things on their list and it all fitted in the car.  It's great to see them enjoying settling in to their new home.

2)  A lovely trip to Nottingham for a baby shower for my eldest son's wife.  Her sister had organised it all as a surprise.  Nick and I went plus our other son's wife and our daughter and her wife and Nathan of course.  It was a lovely afternoon in a local pub and then we stayed overnight.  They received lovely gifts.
 
3)  A short break away.  Nathan and his Mummies have gone to Devon and Cornwall this week so we decided to get away as well.  As we were already in Nottingham we carried on to Lincolnshire and then to Norfolk.  We were lucky with the weather and got to the beach!
Lincoln Cathedral

Lincoln Cathedral

Chapel St. Leonard's
 
The Nelson in Burnham Market

Wells Next the Sea

Wells Next the Sea
4)  A lovely meal out with hubby while away.  We stayed near Skegness which is a typical English seaside town complete with amusement arcades, lots of fish and chip shops and deckchairs and donkeys on the beach.  We managed to find a lovely Italian restaurant away from the main beach.  The food was delicious and portions were huge - I couldn't manage dessert!
Smoked salmon & prawn starter
Chicken with mushrooms & asparagus in a yummy creamy sauce
served with a selection of vegetables.

5)  A cat in the house!  But only temporarily.  Becca and Vicky are away until Monday so we collected their cat from the cattery yesterday on our way home.  The cattery she was in was lovely but that was reflected in the price.  Lady has stayed here before so she's fine here.  As you can see, she's made herself at home.
 And of course the obligatory photo of Nathan who is clearly enjoying himself down in Cornwall.


Everytime I look at him I feel blessed.

Have a good weekend all.

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of Nathan! Sounds like a great excursion between time with hubby, the shower, and the great food and sights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby! Those eyelashes are stunning!
    Being new to your blog, I only today discovered that you are an Englishwoman. I want to go to the UK about as much as I want to breathe! My family lineage is England, Wales, and Scotland, and I often find myself saying that I wish they hadn't emigrated, because then I would have been born a Brit. (Of course, if they hadn't emigrated, the two sides of the family would most likely not have met.) Anyhow, too much Poldark has given me an obsession with Cornwall.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan is SO cute!! Oh my goodness! Your get-away looks like it was wonderful. Good food! Baby shower! IKEA! (I love IKEA) Excellent list of five!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathan is adorable!!!! Baby showers are so much fun! Sounds like you had a nice time away! Happy Mother's Day! ( is that celebrated in England??)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan has a real twinkle in his eyes. You must have had fabulous weather for your short break. What excellent timing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those big blue eyes!
    Your visit to Norfolk sounds like just right kind of get away. I remember driving through that area on a visit a few years ago. It's beautiful!
    The baby shower sounds like great fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was indeed a nice week ! What huge blue eyes Nathan got ! I have never been to a Babyshower for the simple reason, it doesn't exist ! In the beginning when I started blogging I didn't even know what it was and an Australian explained it to me ! We had a sunny time today it's a bit grey !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, those blue eyes and that smile!!! Adorable. Sweet surprise for your son and his wife to bless them and the baby. Visiting a seaside town sounds lovely along with a yummy meal!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.