Friday 8 September 2017

One thing leads to another.....

I've mentioned that we're taking part in a Jumble Trail this Sunday.  (Yard sale to my US friends.)

Well I knew that my front garden would need tidying up before then.  My gardener was due on Wednesday so I knew she would do the weeding for me but I wanted to clean the porch and window sills etc.

But I didn't just want to do the ones downstairs.  I would need to start upstairs.  I also wanted to get rid of the webs that the very industrious spiders have made outside my bedroom windows.  We used to have a window cleaner but he seems to have deserted us so the spiders have been having great fun.

Anyway to do all this I needed to get to the window inside.  But that required moving this:
Of course I couldn't move the whole thing by myself, it's too heavy,  I had to decant the drawers first.  Then I could move the dresser away from the windows to get a step ladder behind.

So far so good.  But when I started cleaning I realised how grubby the curtains were.  I didn't have time to do the curtains on Wednesday as we were going to visit my daughter for dinner so I left the dresser where it was until yesterday.

My husband was very bemused when he got home to find the bedroom in chaos.

Yesterday I tackled the curtains but from my viewpoint at the top of the step ladder I could see how much dust had accumulated on the top of the built in wardrobes.  Where does all the dust come from?!

In our case it's the one disadvantage of living opposite an open common.  When it's dry the dust just blows straight across and soon we will have all the leaves from the trees blowing in too.  A small price to pay really for the lovely outlook.

Anyway I managed to get the curtains down, washed, dried and put back up and order restored before hubby came home.  I took a chance and put the curtains in the tumble dryer and they survived.  I worked on the basis that we've had the curtains a long time and if they got ruined in the dryer it wouldn't be a total disaster if we had to get new ones.  But fortunately they were fine and I was here to get them straight out of the dryer and rehung so no ironing required!  I also dealt with the dust bunnies on the wardrobes.

Today I think I'm going to hibernate as my body is protesting after all the activity of the last couple of days but oh wait, I have to get ready for the Jumble Trail!  Ever feel like you're chasing your tail?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my, you sure went through a lot all because of the jumble sale. And after the fact, how lovely it must be in your rejuvenated space.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.