Sunday 27 August 2017

Review: The Dry

The Dry The Dry by Jane Harper
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Kiewarra in Australia is in the middle of the worst drought in a century. Farmers are struggling. When 3 members of the Hadley family are found killed it’s thought that Luke Hadley had killed his wife and eldest child before committing suicide.

Policeman Aaron Falk returns to his home town to attend the funeral and finds himself drawn into the investigation. Aaron initially believes that it has something to do with events of the past especially as it’s made clear to him that some members of the community don’t want him back. But Aaron doesn’t believe Luke killed his family and then turned his gun on himself, especially as his youngest child, thirteen month old Charlotte was spared.

With the help of the local police Aaron finally uncovers the circumstances leading up to the Hadleys’ deaths and uncovers some of the secrets from the past.

A slow burning but well thought out murder mystery that I really enjoyed.



View all my reviews

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews. I must make a note of the titles and see if the library has any of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this book so much too! I listened to it on Audible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the setting. It is a good way to learn a bit about Australia.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.