Tuesday 2 May 2017

Thank you - I made it!

Phew the A-Z Challenge is over and I made it to the end!

For those who missed the start my Grandson Nathan arrived the day before the challenge began.  11 weeks early.  It was a big shock and a worrying time.  But about half of my posts were already prepared and scheduled to post.  I also had a fairly simple theme so I decided I would try and complete the challenge if I could but family obviously came first.

I am pleased to say that my Grandson has made great progress.  He was only 2lb 6oz at birth but now, just over 4 weeks later he is 4lb 5oz.  He has also made it out of an incubator into a cot and is now wearing clothes!  (Although they are still a bit on the big side!)

When this was taken he was on a course of antibiotics but the canula has now been removed from his arm so the only invasive thing left is the feeding tube through his nose.  They are still monitoring his vital signs but it does make it easier to handle him and his Mummies love being able to cuddle him.

He's filling out nicely but he is still VERY small.  The next big thing will be to establish breast feeding.

Somehow, in between visiting the hospital, staying for two weeks at my daughter's house, hosting DIL's relatives from the US here plus my other son, DIL and their fur babies, I managed to post all 26 letters of the A-Z challenge, and most of them on the correct day!

I have to say a BIG THANK YOU to my regular followers for following the challenge and leaving me so many encouraging comments.  I know I have neglected you all a bit over the past month but I really do appreciate you still dropping by.  Hopefully I'll get back into visiting everyone now the pressure of the challenge is done.

4 comments:

  1. Well done, Wendy. A really big round of applause to have got through this last month with all that pressure in your home life. Fantastic news that Nathan is doing well too. Time to put your feet up and have a glass of wine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With everything going on in your life I am truly amazed you even started never mind finished the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to get an update on your precious little one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you managed to finish. Massive congrats. It's a huge achievement in the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.