Saturday 29 April 2017

Y is for Young...A-Z Challenge 2017

My theme for the 2017 challenge is waffling on about random words!

That might not seem like a theme but if you read on you’ll discover it’s not quite as random as it sounds.  The words were generated using a word generator (https://randomwordgenerator.com/) and I opted for 4 words each day.  I might focus on one or try and incorporate them all into the post.

Choosing the words this way has given me a challenge and a common thread to my posts but it has also allowed me to be myself and just waffle!  It’s what I’m good at.  (Don’t worry, I’m aiming for around 500 words per post so hopefully you won’t get stuck here for too long 😉)

And the words for today are….

Young
Yearn
Yard
Youth

Hmm not a great selection of words.  I could tell you about when I was young but it would end up being a pretty boring post.  I was a goody two shoes when I was little.  I did as I was told.  Listened at school and did my homework.  I didn't even particularly yearn for excitement.

I did have a period of rebellion during my youth.  At the end of my schooling I was very flattered to receive attention from one of the younger teachers.  Now I know that sounds really bad but I was almost 18, had finished my exams so technically had left the school and here was this attractive young man (25 I think) who wanted to take me out.  Of course it caused a big fuss at home.  What did I think I was doing?  Well I wasn't thinking.  But actually I was.  I don't know if he was just trying to show off to his friends or get another notch on his bedpost but he didn't succeed in either.  It was a very shortlived thing.  I wasn't totally stupid it seems.

Although there are other incidents I can recall not long after that I'm not particularly proud of but I escaped to proper adulthood relatively unscathed much to my parents' relief.  And then I was fortunate enough to meet my hubby.  Once I'd established that he was actually interested in me (our first few dates are a whole other story!) I never looked  back.

35 years on (33 married in June) we have a nice back yard or garden as we call it attached to our house and although I can't claim all the credit it's nice to be able to sit here as I am, looking out my kitchen window at it.  I'll soon be able to return to my other favourite spot which is one of the top bedrooms.  We got the carpet laid this week and the furniture, including my desk, is back in place.  It will be good to get back up there as it's usually quiet and peaceful and also overlooks the garden.


Do you have any youthful anecdotes?  Are you a gardener?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy!! I am not a gardener and youthful anecdotes are hard to remember at this hour! LOL One more day...one more letter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have way to many, lololol...have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a gardener, but I love other people's gardens. My youth had lots of silly moments, but I too stayed well out of trouble into after school was over - oh, except for the morning beach party before the grad draw when I arrived at school drunk (after only two coolers). Lucky for me a smart teacher just suggested I go home and didn't make a big deal out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pot plant and always a vase of cut flowers... does that count?
    Goody two shoes at school here too. In fact I was dux. But I did have a bad-boy older boyfriend with a car and get up to all kinds of wickedness when I'd finished my homework.
    Which probably doesn't surprise you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all get up to things when we're starting to spread our wings lol

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.