Wednesday 19 April 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge 19/4/17



From this Side of the Pond 
Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at
Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add the link to your Hodgepodge blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post and don’t forget to visit at least your neighbours on the list.
1. Tell us about a time you felt like you were 'flying by the seat of your pants'.
When I was working I often felt that way.  There were returns that had to be done by certain deadlines and I always seemed to be JUST getting stuff done in time.
2.  When or where would you most like to be 'a fly on the wall'?
I’m not sure I would.  What’s the saying?  Eavesdroppers never hear good about themselves?
3. 'Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.'-Henry David Thoreau
Would you agree? Why or why not?
Not totally.  I think happiness can sometime come when you least expect it but there are times when you have to take control of your life and make things happen.
4. Share a favourite movie, book, or song with flying in its title, lyrics, or theme somewhere.

5. What is one task or chore you tend to do 'on the fly'? Is this something that really needs to be done another way?
I’m not sure that I do things on the fly.  I tend to be fairly organised in my routines these days.
6. What was happening the last time you thought to yourself or said aloud, 'Wow, time flies when you're having fun', and you meant it.
Is it bad that I can’t remember?
7. This Thursday is National Garlic Day. Will you add garlic to your menu on Thursday? Do you like garlic? What's your favourite dish made with garlic?
I love garlic.  We use it in lots of dishes. My favourite would probably be bolognese.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
For anyone who hasn’t caught my updates I am a Grandmother!  A little earlier than planned, well actually 11 weeks earlier than expected, but say hello to Nathan Leo who arrived on 31st March.
 
This was in the delivery room before he was taken off to the NICU


My daughter's first cuddle on day 5.  Still on CPAP

11 days old.  No breathing tubes just a feeding tube.

13 days old, just after the line was removed from his arm.

He weighed in at only 2lb 6oz but so far is doing really well.  He’s breathing on his own and gaining weight. It will be some time before he is big enough and strong enough to come home but he’s in one of the best NICUs in the country and both my daughter and her wife are coping well.  Good things definitely come in small packages!

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your grandbaby is doing so well! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new addition! He's a precious little bundle.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandson is adorable and looks so alert! The NIC unit looks like it is providing exceptional care. That's a lot of very good progress in the six days between the pictures of him and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh he's precious! And he looks so bright eyed! I hope he continues to grow stronger and is home soon. I'm sure that's so very hard for his parents and family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet photos of your grandson and daughter. Glad he is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.