Saturday 22 April 2017

S is for Social... A-Z Challenge 2017

My theme for the 2017 challenge is waffling on about random words!

That might not seem like a theme but if you read on you’ll discover it’s not quite as random as it sounds.  The words were generated using a word generator (https://randomwordgenerator.com/) and I opted for 4 words each day.  I might focus on one or try and incorporate them all into the post.

Choosing the words this way has given me a challenge and a common thread to my posts but it has also allowed me to be myself and just waffle!  It’s what I’m good at.  (Don’t worry, I’m aiming for around 500 words per post so hopefully you won’t get stuck here for too long 😉)

And the words for today are….

Social
School
Service
Salvation 

I'm not a particularly social person.  I've always been a bit on the shy side.  I'm much happier being out with just a few close friends or family in familiar surroundings than with crowds of people.  I was never much of a clubber.

At school I was always one of the quiet kids.  Goody two shoes until I fell out big time with my best friend.  We argued over a stupid thing - who had the shortest mini skirt.  It was so silly but for once I didn't roll over and just accept it.  We ended up having a real scrap. I think most people were surprised that I was part of the cat fight going on in the girls' toilets!  Funny how some memories stay with us.

It was my hubby's birthday this week and we went out for a meal in the evening.  We tried a restaurant that had been recommended to him that wasn't far from us.  It had also had a good review in the evening newspaper.  It was nice to go out and the food was ok but it wasn't anything particularly special.  Probably the best thing was the service which was excellent.  As usual I didn't take any photos but I had a cucumber, tomato, red onion and bread salad to start, followed by a rib-eye steak and then a layered chocolate dessert.

As for salvation well my Goddaughter and her family were in Paris when the latest terrorist incident took place.  We were relieved to see their messages on Facebook confirming they were safe and well.  There just seem to be too many incidents happening lately.
  
Have you been affected by any of the recent events?  Has it made you change/cancel any of your activities?

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your family were ok after the Paris incident. My, it does make me not want to travel, but it seems life does go on, inevitably. I too was shy in school but remember vividly standing up to a girlfriend in the halls of our high school one day. Yes, it is funny how these incidents stand out in our memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully no incidents near us, other than brush fires because of the drought. Glad your family in Paris are okay. Had to be scary for all of you until you heard from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With all that is going on in my life and all that is going on in the world I just feel so low lately. I hope I am climbing out of the hole. I am not a very social person either!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.