Monday 10 April 2017

H is for History...A-Z Challenge 2017

My theme for the 2017 challenge is waffling on about random words!

That might not seem like a theme but if you read on you’ll discover it’s not quite as random as it sounds.  The words were generated using a word generator (https://randomwordgenerator.com/) and I opted for 4 words each day.  I might focus on one or try and incorporate them all into the post.

Choosing the words this way has given me a challenge and a common thread to my posts but it has also allowed me to be myself and just waffle!  It’s what I’m good at.  (Don’t worry, I’m aiming for around 500 words per post so hopefully you won’t get stuck here for too long 😉)
And the words for today are….


History

Hardship

Honest

Huge


I enjoyed studying History at school.  It was fascinating to see where we had come from and all that had happened in the past.  It was clear that our ancestors had faced many hardships.  I think it’s amazing how much progress we have made in the last century and this one compared to all that went before.  Technology has developed faster than I can keep up with.  I try and keep up to date but if I’m honest, I’m losing the race!


Being honest is such a huge thing.  Growing up as a child I would get in more trouble for trying to lie about my wrongdoings than for what I might actually have done.  And my mum always knew when I was lying.  I was useless at it.  I still am.


Sometimes though it’s hard to give people the truth.  It’s not what they always want to hear.  Although of course we hate it when our politicians are less than truthful with us and that happens so much it’s depressing.  And don’t get me started on fake news.  It’s difficult to know who to trust at times. 


As for huge.  Well the craft project I started for my expected grandson (apologies if anyone’s getting bored with hearing about him when he isn’t even here yet) is turning out to be a huge piece of work.  I’m knitting something (can’t reveal as my daughter sometimes reads this blog!) that is proving tricky.  I feel like I’m racing against the clock.  I keep telling her this baby needs to be late.  (Unsurprisingly she isn't keen on that idea!)  And then of course I realised that I would need to make the same gift for my 2 other children when they (hopefully) decide to become parents.  At the rate I’m going I will need to start on the next one as soon as this one is finished.  Trouble is I think I might be sick of it by then!


What’s a huge thing going on in your life right now?

4 comments:

  1. To sell or not to sell. To move or not to move. Those are my huge things at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will have that decision at some point but not just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm knitting a jumper for my great niece. Her Mum is coming to visit me in May, and I cannot see me having it finished! The lace pattern is SO simple... but I keep managing to stuff it up and seem to be unpulling what I've done and starting again almost daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think lace patterns are that simple. My blanket isn't finished and baby is here but he won't need it just yet.

      Delete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.