Thursday 12 January 2017

#JusJoJan Day 12 - Tingle

jjj-2017




Just Jot It January is led by Linda G. Hill.  


The Just Jot It January 12th prompt, brought to you by Tessa of the blog Always A Writer, is: “Tingle.” Use it any way you’re inspired to. And make sure you stop by and say hi to Tessa as well! Here’s her blog: https://finallyawriter.com/

Here is one of my Christmas presents - the electric toothbrush.  It makes my teeth tingle.  Next to it is a night cream.  It claims to firm the skin.  My skin definitely needs firming.  Age waits for no one except perhaps those who can afford a visit to a plastic surgeon.  I have no desire (or the funds) to do so but this year one of my aims is to take better care of myself.

The toothbrush is certainly giving more attention to my teeth than my old brush did.  The night cream is not working so well.  Of course it might help if I remembered to put it on!  That's why it's by the toothbrush - hopefully seeing it there (as opposed to being with all the other products that I also don't use very often) will prompt me to use it.

Yes, I've read that when instigating a new habit it helps to form associations.  Googling will tell you that it will take me about 21 days to master this new habit.  Time will tell.  Now I just need to break the association of biscuits with a cup of tea.  That could take a lot longer.
 

11 comments:

  1. LOL, but biscuits go so well with tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no way I'm ever going to break that habit so not even going to try lol

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep not even trying on that one lol

      Delete
    2. Didn't mean to delete the comment and couldn't find an undo button!

      Delete
  3. 21 days, eh? That explains why I can't seem to get into any new good habits - I usually give up after a week. :P
    Let us know how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's only an estimate. Some habits will take longer lol

      Delete
  4. Does the face cream tingle too?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.