Friday 18 March 2016

Friday's Fave Five 18/3/16

http://susannesspace.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/fridays-fave-five-370.html


This is a place to come on Friday's and think back over your week and just post about 5 favourite things from your week. It can be anything that tickled your fancy over the week. Favourite quotes, posts, happenings, scriptures, recipes, pictures, great internet finds, etc., etc.
 
If you want to visit others taking part and the host Suzanne, then just click on the picture above.

Here are my five:
1.  Ambulance Rapid Response cars - we needed one of those last Saturday when my hubby was taken ill.  It was very reassuring to have someone with me quickly as I was here alone with him.  (He's doing okay and home now but needs further tests to try and establish why he had a seizure.)

2.  Phone payments for parking.  Hubby was kept in hospital from Saturday night until Monday afternoon.  Most hospital car parks are now either pay and display or pay on departure.  Ours is pay and display which means having loads of change for the ticket machine.  Or not - you can now phone a number and pay using a debit/credit card.  Particularly useful when you have a few pound coins but the machine keeps rejecting them!

3.  Supportive kids.  Enough said.

4.   The London Olympic Park now known as the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park which is just a bus ride away from us.  We spent the afternoon there yesterday.  It was a sunny day and felt almost like spring.

5.  Chocolate.  It's definitely my comfort food and I've had too much this week.  Oh wait, you can never have too much chocolate!

Have a great weekend.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad your hubby is okay. Chocolate makes everything better, doesn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, chocolate is necessary!

    So sorry your hubby had to be in the hospital. I hope answers can be found soon for him.

    I'm glad London is experiencing beautiful weather, too. It's a glorious time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your husband is ok. I hope you can find out soon what the problem is.

    Several years ago I had to give up chocolate because it made me sick every time I ate it. Now I've discovered some gluten free chocolate that does not make me sick if I eat it in small quantities. Mmmmm. Chocolate!

    Supportive children are an immeasurable blessing.

    It's lovely to be able to get out and enjoy a local park. Spring is almost here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a week, especially weekend! Glad your husband is ok now and hope they can find the cause of the seizure. I've always thought it rather unfair to charge for hospital parking, but at least it helps when they make it easier. When my grandson was in the NICU for 10 weeks, they had a week-long pass that was a little lower than paying daily. Glad you didn't need that, though. :) The park excursion sounds fun, and supportive kids are such a blessing. Chocolate is a fave any day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry about your husband's episode. Hospital stays are always stressful. Glad he is home and you can ALL recuperate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must have been a shock for you when your husband had to be taken to hospital !
    We too in Belgium have to pay parking fees on Hospital parkings. It's a shame, because we don't go there for fun ! It can become very expensive if you have to go there every day for several hours !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I do hope your husband is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would have been a very scary event with your husband. I'm thankful for emergency response people. My son is studying to be a paramedic and I know how important they take their studies and helping people. Saying a prayer your hubby recuperates fully and that find the answers quickly and it is nothing major. Chocolate in time of stress? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.