Saturday 23 January 2016

Newsflash for Friday 22/1/16

RIP Maureen Jakob
26.09.1928 - 22.01.2016

I'm not sure that my words will do her justice.  I couldn't have wished for a better Mother-in-Law.  Mother of 8, Grandmother to 23, Great Grandmother to 7 plus friend to so many more.

I have never been made to feel like an in-law.  The extended family includes me.  Her legacy is the fantastic young people growing up, living by her (and her late husband's) example.  They were both wonderful role models.

She passed away peacefully on Friday morning after failing to recover from surgery to repair a broken hip.  I was privileged to be there at the end with 3 of my sister-in-laws.  She will be sorely missed.

From one of her youngest great grandchildren:

Max: GG isn't in hospital anymore mummy
Mummy: no she isn't Max
Max: GG is in heaven with great grandpa mummy  

We pray that it is so.


5 comments:

  1. I'm so very sorry. How fortunate to have such a wonderful person in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad for your family's loss. It sounds like she was a remarkable woman who will be missed by many. May you all find great peace in all the loving memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry Wendy...many condolences to you and your family. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry, and thinking of you and your family. You have written a wonderful tribute and for certain she is in heaven taking up the role of guardian angel to you all.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.