Wednesday 17 June 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge 17/6/15



Wednesday's Hodgepodge is brought to us courtesy of Joyce at 

Pop over there to see other posts and if you want to join in add your blog post to the Linky List at the end of Joyce's post.

Have fun!







1. June is National Great Outdoors Month. Have you spent any time appreciating the great outdoors this month? If so where, and if not do you have any plans to enjoy the great outdoors before the calendar turns?  
I’m lucky to face onto a large open space (Wanstead Flats) and I’ve been trying to get out walking on it as much as possible.  I’ve even dragged hubby out on several evenings although one of did have the promise of a pub at the end of the walk!  There’s also a facebook link to someone who has taken some amazing photos of the wildlife on the flats, lots of flowers but also some great close-ups of crickets, butterflies and other insects.

2. What's a current hot button issue for you?  
Political shenanigans.  We elect these people to public office to do their duty, serve their constituents etc.  They could at least try and be respectable people.

3. What's a food or treat that 'disappears like hotcakes' in your house?  
Chocolate coated biscuits.  I shop and we have a tin full and then suddenly the tin is empty!  Although of course most have them have been eaten by me which is why I’m not buying as many now we have an empty nest.  When my eldest son was at home it would have been mini pork pies – we always had some in the fridge, well until he’d raided them!

4. How hot is too hot?   
That depends.  Where I used to work my office got the sun most of the day so on a warm sunny day it was like working in a sauna and of course very uncomfortable even if the temperature wasn’t actually that high.  So anything above 20⁰ could be too warm if it was sunny.  If I’m able to just relax and enjoy the sun I can cope with it being hotter than that but once you get into the high 20s I can’t cope with it.  I’m like Goldilocks – I don’t like it too hot, I don’t like it too cold, it has to be just right.

5. Do you have an artistic outlook on life? What does that mean to you?   
NO, I wish I did but I’m not particularly artistic at all.  I don’t draw, I enjoy listening to music but am hopeless at quoting composers or artists when it comes to song titles etc.  I do enjoy crafts but I’m not a designer.  In my defence I’m good at maths and have a logical outlook coated with a good dollop of common sense.

6. What's one question you'd like to ask your father, or one you wish you could ask your father?  
I’d like to ask him about his early childhood and his army experiences.  I was only 22 when he died but these were things we’d never really discussed.  Although I’m not sure he would have discussed everything he’d seen – he was evacuated from Dunkirk during WW2 and never talked about it, even to my Mum.

7. Something you learned from your father? 
How to hang wallpaper.  Not a skill I’ve put to a great deal of use recently but it’s been useful in the past.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.  
Pass your life experiences and history on to your children.  It’s important.

3 comments:

  1. At first reading, I thought "chocolate covered biscuits"?? Then I realized you're not from the USA! (Guess "the pub" should've been my first clue!)
    I've found that it's less humid in the morning, so (when I walk) I'll leave my house at 6 a.m. to walk in the park. Less humid & I have the park to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think partly it was the war and partly that generation. My dad was in three wars, but did not share much in the way of specifics. Lot of political shenanigans going on here too-ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A current hot button to me is hatred filled people and killing. Thinking about Charleston makes me ill. Sad to the core.

    Wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much rain to be outside to enjoy anything in nature now for going o 2 wks. It's soggy.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.