Saturday 8 September 2012

Update, Saturday 8/9/12



A quick update!   

The electrician came on Thursday but couldn’t locate the problem immediately and wasn’t able to spend a lot of time on searching – promised to come back on Friday to sort it out.  So I managed to use various extension leads to enable the kettle to be boiled, the TV to work and the internet to be connected.  Had to disable the catch on the cat flap so that all and sundry could get in but we didn’t seem to have any unwanted visitors overnight.   

He came back on Friday as promised and located the fault which was on one of the kitchen sockets.  Unfortunately he wasn’t able to reconnect the socket without major disruption to the floor or the walls so we opted to remove it.  When I have the work we’re planning for the kitchen done we will be moving and adding to the sockets we have so it’s not a major problem.   

However the 3 trips home and back during work time meant my work schedule was disrupted so I left work on Friday feeling quite frazzled, especially as we are experiencing a mini heatwave here at the moment.  My office has a lovely sunny outlook but it’s not conducive to sitting for too long at the computer which is what I need to be doing right now.  Well not literally right now – it’s Saturday!  And I am being lazy.   

Have managed to catch up with Michael during the week – he’s fine, back in Vermont and settling into his volunteer placement.  Matt’s girlfriend Amy is here this weekend which is nice as we haven’t seen her for a while with holidays etc.  She is just about to start her teacher training course.   

Rebecca has also had power problems this week – but external failures so the power company have had to resolve them.  When I spoke to her earlier she was in the middle of her second power cut – not good when you’re off to a ball later and need to dry and straighten your hair!  Fortunately while we were talking the power was restored.  Just hope they’ve fixed it properly this time.  Ok, off to do some chores now.

PS - Guess what?  When I rang the foot clinic as instructed by letter to get an appointment I just got the answerphone again telling me that if I was ringing as an existing client to make an appointment, to leave my details and they would post one to me!  Why can't they just post it out in the first place!  I'm looking forward to being able to provide feedback on their service ;)

3 comments:

  1. We had electrical problems 2 years ago and it was such a major hassle. I am hoping things will be easier with the additions of more sockets.

    Good news again about Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That foot clinic sounds like a bit of a nightmare. Hope you get an appointment soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments and will do my best to acknowledge them, either by replying here or dropping in on your blog.

Thanks for stopping by.